Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Music and the big read

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Juliet10's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2002
    Posts
    2,042
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Firstly, music: luxury or necessity? [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Did any other UKers watch 'The Big read' last night? I did and I've been inspired lol

    What are your fave books? [img]smile.gif[/img]

    *goes to buy more books off Amazon*

    Michelle

    xx

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Hannah_Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2003
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Music is a necessity i think cos alot of imagination wouldnt be here today if music wasnt involved while ideas were being thought up

    And no i didnt see the big read cos...i dunno actually

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cherish's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2002
    Posts
    517
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think music is somewhat of a necessity [img]smile.gif[/img] Aside from just music on its own, I was trying to imagine some of my favourite films without the soundtracks and I realized the music was such an integral part of it all...

    I watched some of the Big Read...I love to read. I didn't watch the end, I went to bed lol*

    But some of my favourite books are (as you know) The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice...Dracula is also a classic in my mind. I do actually love Jacqueline Wilson's books, I began reading them when I was younger and I still like them even though I think the target age is a little younger than me. [img]smile.gif[/img] I love Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel...also The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving, and I adore Stephen King and most horror/fantasy books. I like Catcher in the Rye...some of the classics I like are Treasure Island, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer...

    I love anything by Maurice Sendak *lol* Some of my favourite more recent books are Buffy novelizations and novels. I have way too many favourite books!! If I had to pick from The Vampire Chronicles I would probably pick Interview With The Vampire, The Vampire Lestat and Tale of the Body Thief.

    I read too much...lol* I read quite a bit of poetry as well, or I used to...

    xxSam

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Bromley's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 24th, 2003
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For me music is definitely a necessity. I couldn't imagine a world without music, I think I would stop breathing, I certainly wouldn't want to live. Sounds melodramatic eh. I've loved music for as long as I can remember. My mum used to sing a lot, mostly the old songs and that is what I grew up with. From a very early age I listened to the radio and fell in love with music from that time. It is a love that has endured over the decades.

    Great books. Ah, now what makes a great book? What is a great book to one person may not be to another. I love books of all kinds, depends what mood I'm in. I have to have a book on the go though. Atm I am reading Catcher in the Rye, never read it before but what a great read. I've read LOTR several times and will do so again I know, also other Tolkein. I love stephen King and Dean Koontz books but I also love books by Ruth Hamilton. I love the classics, used to love the Thomas hardy books, also love The Secret Garden.

    There are so many. I could spend days looking round bookshops [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Joyce

    xx

  5. #5
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    For me I regard music as a necessity rather than a luxury. I couldn't imagine my life without it.

    I didn't see that programme yesterday.

    Janie xx

  6. #6
    BarbT
    Guest BarbT's Avatar

    Post

    For me it's a necessity or perhaps even an addiction. I can't even drive down the street to collect the mail without putting the cd player on in the car! Music is my favourite company when I'm driving alone or anytime really [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I do also read a lot too.

    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ October 20, 2003 05:25 AM: Message edited by: Barb_T ]</font>

  7. #7
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    Music is definately a necessity to me and I honestly think that the world would be a poorer place without it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    As for books, my fave authors are Wilbur Smith and Stephen King, with my ultimate fave book being 'The Stand' by Mr King. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Juliet10's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2002
    Posts
    2,042
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've read 'The Stand' and it was very good [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I've also read a lot of Anne Rice's work [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Michelle

    xx

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Kattitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2002
    Posts
    1,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Music is lifes essential.. we wouldnt survive without it!!!!

    Books and reading are also a neccesity for me.. I love to read and live to read. I have read thousands of books in my life

    Kat

  10. #10
    Inactive Member DarrensAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,540
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Twizzle:
    Music is definately a necessity to me and I honestly think that the world would be a poorer place without it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ditto [img]smile.gif[/img]

    As for books I don't have any favorites, the last new I read was The Crush by Sandra Brown, and I'm looking forward to her new one Hello, Darkness. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I don't read scary books or sci fi and/or fantasy but I did read one Steven King book. I forgot the title but it's the one where the woman is left handcuffed to the bed after her husband has a heart attack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •